I got in early and did the finishing work on two more heads – it was the first time Peter left me with a face to finish. I was very careful not to screw it up. The last thing I want to do is slip with the dremel and completely destroy something that’s taken 3 or 4 days for him to carve. Needless to say, I went slowly.
Peter asked me to come up with a way to mount the heads so that the sticks can lay flat inside the head itself, but come out at an angle to make them more comfortable to hold. So I just cut them at a 15-degree angle, reversed the cuts and glue them back together and now the rods are coming out of the heads at 30 degrees (at least I think so. I don’t really remember math class very well). Reinforce the cuts with some epoxy sculpt and they’re as good as ever.
I’ll take some pictures tomorrow. I promise.
After that I just wort of drifted through the afternoon. There wasn’t a lot for me to do – Sawna was using the second carving station, Peter was still working on another set of hands, and everyone else had their projects under control. Also – my brain was fried. Maybe it was the contact cement fumes, or maybe it was whatever noxious gas our neighbour, Granite Country, was producing, but I just couldn’t think straight. I guess I’ll just set myself up for tomorrow and call it a day.